A pretzel is a type of baked bread product made from dough most commonly shaped into a twisted knot. Traditionally pretzel derives their flavour because of Lye bath they receive before being baked. Lye is a harsh chemical. It also give gives them the rich brown colour. The different kinds of seasoning for pretzels are salt, sugar, chocolate, seeds or nuts
- Refined flour – 100 grams
- Water – 65 grams
- Yeast – 0.8 grams
- Salt – 0.6 grams
- Sugar – 2 grams
- Baking soda – 30 grams
- Water – 250 grams
- Sieve refined flour and salt together
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in water.
- Make a well in centre pour water and mix well
- Knead the dough nicely.
- Rest the dough for 30-60 mins.
- Now with your palms roll out a uniform strip. Twist it into pretzel shape.
- Dip in soda wash. Arrange on baking tray and bake @ 260 degrees for 8-9 mins.
- For sugar coated pretzel – after they are baked dip in melted butter and coat with cinnamon sugar.
- For salted – before baking sprinkle some coarse salt over.