French doughnuts are different from our regular doughnuts, as they are piped and not rolled and cut out and they are not fermented. Also called as beignets souffles. As u will go through the recipe you will realize its similar to choux pastry. you can also enjoy these non yeast fried donuts dipped in hot chocolate.
- Milk – 167 grams
- Sugar – 3 grams
- Butter – 67 grams
- Egg – 133 grams
- Salt – 3 grams
- Flour – 100 grams
- Heat milk, sugar ,salt and butter
- Bring mixture to boil. Add flour at once and beat vigorously with wooden spoon.
- On medium heat cook mixture for 2-3 mins,
- Beat in eggs and mix until smooth.
- place dough in piping bag fitted with large star tip
- pipe 5 cm circle on a parchment paper n freeze, then fry at 170 degree Celsius until puffed and golden brown.
- or u can directly pipe the mixture in deep fryer , cutting off the dough using a knife.
- dust with powdered sugar n enjoy !!!