Angel food cake, or angel cake, is a type of sponge cake made with stiffly beaten egg whites with no addition of butter. Angel food cake originated in the United States
- Refined flour – 100 grams
- Sugar – 133 grams
- Egg whites – 267 grams
- Sugar – 133
- Salt – 1.5 grams
- Vanilla extract – 2 grams
- Almond extract – 1.25 grams
- Beat the egg whites till the form soft peaks, add salt in the beginning.
- Gradually add sugar (133 grams). Beat till soft moist peaks are formed.
- Add in flavouring in this step.
- Now add flour and remaining sugar to the mixture.
- Just mix until combined. Do not over mix.
- Do not grease the pan . Drop the cake mixture
- Bake at 190 degrees Celsius for 20 mins.