Danish is a multi-layered, laminated sweet pastry. It resembles puff pastry with addition of yeast. This dough is also used to make croissants.
- Refined flour – 100 grams
- Salt – 2 grams
- Sugar – 7 grams
- Yeast – 3.5 grams
- Water – 23grams
- Milk – 32 grams
- Butter for rolling – 55 grams
- In a blow mix yeast, water and sugar
- Now stiff in flour and salt in water mixture and add milk.
- Mix just until uniform dough is formed.
- Cover and allow to ferment for 30 mins.
- punch down the dough and roll out into large rectangle.
- Place the butter in plastic film, flatten it to the size of 2/3 of the dough rectangle.
- Place the butter on bottom 2/3 of the dough.
- Fold the top third of dough down over the centre to cover half the butter. Fold the bottom 1/3th over the centre. Now butter is enclosed.
- Rest the dough for 30 mins in refrigerator.
- Give the dough its 3 three-fold. That is repeat step 8 three times.
- Roll out the dough, cut into triangles. Being to roll the dough towards point
Let it proof till double in size. Give egg wash and bake at 200 degrees Celsius till nice golden colour is achieved