Is an Italian sponge cake named after the city of Genoa and closely associated with Italian and French cuisine. Instead of using chemical leavening, air is suspended in the batter through mixing to give volume to the cake
Refined flour – 100 grams
- Butter – 33 grams (optional)
- Sugar – 100 grams
- Eggs – 150 grams
- Vanilla extract – 2 grams
- Combine egg, sugar in bowl. And whip till they are very light and thick.
- Now add flour just mix until combined. Do not over mix. Preferably do by hands
- If using butter. Fold in the melted butter after flour has been added
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper. Drop the cake mixture
- Bake at 190 degrees Celsius for 20 mins.