It rises to eight times its original thickness when baked. It is made up of many layers of fat sandwiched between layers of dough.
- Refined flour – 100 grams
- Butter – 15 grams
- Salt – 2 grams
- Water – 50 grams
- Butter for rolling – 60 grams
- Mix flour and salt
- Incorporate butter and water. Make a dough.
- Now roll out the dough into large rectangle.
- Place the butter in plastic film, flatten it to the size of 2/3 of the dough rectangle.
- Place the butter on bottom 2/3 of the dough.
- Fold the top third of dough down over the centre to cover half the butter. Fold the bottom 1/3th over the centre. Now butter is enclosed.
- Rest the dough for 30 mins in refrigerator.
- Give the dough its first 4-fold.
- Roll dough in long rectangle. Fold the top edge of the dough to the centre. Fold the bottom edge to the centre. Fold in half to achieve finished four fold.
- Now repeat the 9th step 3 times. And refrigerator the dough after finishing one complete folding.